Wanted: Environmental Entrepreneur in Jordan
Who are you?
You have a great business idea which solves a clear ecological and social issue in your community. You are interested to set up and run your own social enterprise. You have pre-experience as an entrepreneur, and you are aware what it means to work by yourself without a fixed salary. You have a long-term commitment and vision for your business idea with the ability to dedicate yourself to a full-time role. You have a strong connection to and are inspired by service to your community. You are a networker and you know how to motivate others to support your idea. You show good self-understanding and confidence. You have the support of your family to be a social entrepreneur. You speak the arabic and have a good proficiency of English.
What we offer to you?
We invest in you to turn your vision into reality. We offer you a structured and proven approach to turn your vision for your community into a tangible social enterprise, with
- professional sessions to develop your business and leadership skills
- a team of highly skilled professionals who co-create your vision and social enterprise with you
- access to investors who may fund your idea with an interest-free loan
- opportunities after the program to learn from peers and exchange best practices
a lifetime membership in the global Bridgebuilders family.
How does it work?
- Apply using our application form until July 06th, 2020.
- We will request an interview by video or phone or face-to-face.
- As the successful candidate, we visit your community as a next step. In a community meeting, we will take time to understand the current situation and the perceived needs of the local people. Based on this, we compile a briefing note which serves as a basis for your action learning program. We will recruit additional local candidates for the program.
- We engage you in a 6-month program, beginning in October 2020, with a team of Jordanian and foreign professionals to develop your business idea into a functioning social business. Your full-time role as the entrepreneur of the business allows for a high degree of self-responsibility. You earn your salary through income generated from your business with the continued support of BOOKBRIDGE.
- We begin the program with a 1 week kick-off module in your community. You will get to know all candidates and introduce your business challenge. Over the 6-month program, we will turn your vision into reality, resulting in a tangible social enterprise which is run by you as its entrepreneur.
What challenges are waiting for you?
- Social Enterprise Set up: You will work with a team of local and foreign candidates from our Capability Program who will support you and your team in researching, planning and setting up your social business.
- Social Enterprise Management: You manage daily operations together with local staff. You are responsible for reporting to BOOKBRIDGE.
- Development of business: You direct the design and implementation of the business, which inspires and engages the local community.
- Maintaining network: As founder of your business, you work closely with BOOKBRIDGE. You develop and maintain relationships with our partners and the local community.
- Paying back a loan without any interest to the investor.
Whom to contact?
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com.